Sunday 24 June 2012

Cheeky Screen Prints


Summer (of sorts) has arrived! It lasted a week, but hasn't been seen since. No problem, I caught two weeks of glorious sunshine in Croatia, from where I have just returned, happily sufficient in vitamin D and full of good spirits. Croatian spirits. Picked two delicious liquors, one pomegranate and one fig from the islands - bliss! 

Before I left, I decided to put my Thursday nights to good use and signed up for a four week Screen Printing class at the Bluecoat. I'd been meaning to do something with that photo I took a while back of three red kites chasing each other across the sky. I will be popping into the screen printing studio at the Bluecoat over summer to complete the series. The kites will change position and the sky will change colour - I'm hoping to complete a set of three. Similarly, I will be working up my Cheeky Girls illustration and experimenting with different colours in the studio over summer, more to follow...





No comments:

Post a Comment